Making History II Releases Mac Version and PC Update
Grand strategy game makes its way to the Mac with the PC version getting a huge update.
Muzzy Lane announced today that its grand strategy game Making History II: The War of the World is now available for Mac OSX. Making History II: The War of the World is priced at $29.99 and will be available in English, German and French. The PC version received a huge update to bring both versions up to date.
In Making History II: The War of the World, players can take full control of any world nation during the time leading up to and during World War II. Players can use international trade, military force and diplomacy to influence their nation into their role of the world during the intense conflict. With the release of the Mac version, Mac wargamers can now enjoy this grand strategy along with their PC brethren.
"The Mac OSX version of Making History II is the culmination of over a years worth of continued development since the original PC version was released", says Dave McCool, president and CEO of Muzzy Lane. "It is literally a new game. Every area has been dramatically improved, including game performance, AI behavior, the user interface and additional gameplay features. Both the new Mac version and the existing PC version will receive this massive update. In fact, using the multiplayer service, Mac and PC users can even play each other online."
The multiplayer aspect will allow players to play in an asymetric fashion, where they can join in, take their turn, then leave, without any need to wait for other players. This allows games to take days, weeks and even months, not from waiting for others to take their turn, but from the deep and intense gameplay of a grand strategy game.
Features of Making History II: The War of the World include:
- Control hundreds of different land, sea and air units that represent historic vehicles and weapons used by major and minor powers of the era.
- Research an array of weapon systems and tactical improvements that allow upgrades for existing forces and structures to match advancing technology.
- Fly bombing missions against industrial and military targets or establish air patrols over enemy regions.
- Manage an extensive economic system covering production of resources, domestic food consumption, and international trade.
- nitiate infrastructure projects that modernize your nation and expand your economic potential.
- Construct factories and research facilities that increase the power of your nation or sabotage and destroy the buildings controlled by your enemies.
- Battle an intelligent AI that instigates, reacts and adapts to the changing game dynamics, generating action on the home front and abroad.
- Encounter unique nations, each with their own characteristics that influence behavior.
- Discover diverse populations divided by culture, ethnicity, religion and political ideology; factors that destabilize nations, provoking revolts, coups and civil wars.
- Develop your colonies, liberate captured nations, establish puppet states or annex enemy territories.
- Engage in espionage and interfere in the internal affairs of your neighbors.
- Play any nation on a beautifully rendered 3D world map.
- Enjoy a new, innovative multiplayer system that greatly reduces the obstacles to long-term games.
For more information on Making History II: The War of the World, click here to go to their official website. Customers can purchase the game from online locations like Steam, Direct2Drive and GamersGate. There is also a free 50-turn demo available for players to get a taste of part of the game.