Wargamer Home - Forum Home
Welcome Guest, please Login or Register!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register or login before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Topic: ***POST YOUR QUESTIONS*** for Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog - Community Interview

Topic Closed

Page 1

All Forums : [ENLISTMENT & FEEDBACK] : Wargamer Feedback & Forum/Site Rules : Announcements > ***POST YOUR QUESTIONS*** for Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog - Community Interview (closed)
26 SEP 2012 at 11:28pm

Szmania

Centurion
Centurion

We are opening up to the community once again for an opportunity for members to submit questions that can then be sent to Matrix Games / Slitherine for their upcoming title Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog, the upcoming addition to the longstanding and renowned Close Combat series.

Just post your questions below. There are no limits for the number of questions asked. We will pick between 10 - 15 questions for the community interview. Our community is the Wargamer. We want to know what's on your mind!

View Enlargement   View Enlargement   View Enlargement

More info on Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog can be found HERE.

***The deadline for posting questions will be 10pm PST October 15th.***

Last edited by Szmania : 7 OCT 2012 1:15am
Profile Search

28 SEP 2012 at 2:10pm

nero

Centurion
Centurion

Saw this over at the MG forums.

Here are my questions:

1. CC has certainly forayed in this theatre before, so why venture back to Normandy again?

2. What additional features will we see in this game?

3. Please explain "High Level Gameplay" for us. What are the animated maps?

Profile Search
4 OCT 2012 at 2:46pm

Pak40

Centurion
Centurion

I'm a Long time CC player and I'm glad to see the improvements, however, there are two major issues I've had over the years:

1. AI setup of units: Has this been improved? Every CC game I've played has had terrible AI placement at the beginning of a battle. Obvious areas of cover/concealment are often ignoned and units are placed in full open view in the middle of a field, even on large maps where the AI is the defender with plenty of cover.

2. On and Off board Artillery & Air support: Has this been made at least a little more realistic? I know CC has always tried to strike a balance between realism and playability but in the artillery aspect this is totally tilted to the unrealistic. I'm not talking about the lethality of the rounds, but rather about the instant arrival of perfectly aimed artillery. For example, when on map mortars are assigned a target they fire almost instantly as if the crew knew the direction and distance - no setup time. Also, the travel time of the rounds is about 3 seconds when it should be closer to 12 seconds. Making these two things more realistic would help tone down the absurd lethality of these weapons, especially against AT guns which has been a big complaint over the years.

Off Board artillery is just as bad. In reality it takes minutes to call in an artillery misison, not seconds. This really makes artillery way too powerful, especially at the beginning of a game where a defender can instantly call in a strike on a small setup zone. Giving the artillery a delay to balance out gameplay (1 minute might be sufficient) will solve this issue. Maybe also add the chance of the artillery being off a little but with the ability to adjust fire with a 15 second delay.

Profile Search
4 OCT 2012 at 8:40pm

z1812

Centurion
Centurion

Under features I see nothing about improved A.I. or path finding. I wonder if they have been improved. If they have, it would be nice to have details.

Profile Search
8 OCT 2012 at 3:49am

destraex

Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Last time I purchased a Close Combat game I was pretty sick of it fast for a few reasons:

a) Things were to small and there was no zoom feature. My resolution was fairly high.

b) Nothing felt new or exciting

c) Tanks or Men were still not realistic sizes

d) combat mission CMx2 was around. How can CC compete?

e) My tinitus was so bad and headaches to boot I just found it to loud

Will there be a demo because the graphics might do it for me but I do not see it there in the screenies.

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games

The Old Guard

Last edited by destraex : 8 OCT 2012 3:51am
Profile Search
10 OCT 2012 at 1:09pm

schrecken

Centurion
Centurion

Will this game feature a campaign that can be completed before crashing like the previous two releases?

i could not finish campaigns in Invasion Normandy and Last Stand Arnhem.

It took the developers over two years to fix the AI's inability to move the German team on the strategic map in Invasion Normandy, what assurane do we have that bugs will be fixed in a timely manner with this release?

Profile Search
10 OCT 2012 at 1:14pm

schrecken

Centurion
Centurion

From the website

"Enjoy the huge variety of modifications available from the Close Combat Community providing years of additional gaming pleasure."

Will mods already created for other games work with this release?

Profile Search
10 OCT 2012 at 1:15pm

schrecken

Centurion
Centurion

Is it planned to test this game before release

or as in the last two releases

Sell the game as a Beta release for the owners to report any bugs

Profile Search
15 OCT 2012 at 11:24pm

Szmania

Centurion
Centurion

Thank you for your questions. I will compile these for our community interview.

Profile Search
All Forums : [ENLISTMENT & FEEDBACK] : Wargamer Feedback & Forum/Site Rules : Announcements > ***POST YOUR QUESTIONS*** for Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog - Community Interview (closed)

Topic Closed

Page 1

Jump to:
1 Members Subscribed To This Topic